Tuesday, March 1, 2011

NYC.

So after a week filled with reacquainting myself with the incredibly boring routines of uni and work, I have finally found some time to post up pics from my recent trip. Looking through the photos makes me incredibly nostalgic and it is clear I am suffering from the usual post-US trip depression.

Okay so on the surface this picture is your typical out-the-plane-window shot but I took it because it shows the aftermath of the February 1-4 epic snowstorm that hit 2/3 of the US...and well, I thought it looked kind of cool.

The lovely Radio City Music Hall.


The view from the Top of the Rock. I don't think it matters how many times I've been here, it is always such a great experience.

Atlas and Rockefeller Centre.

For anyone wondering, this is a picture of the "World's Largest Store" (well at least Macy's claims to be). The reason this has made it into this post is that I thought my lovely travel companion would appreciate it haha

The iconic NYC landmark - the Plaza Hotel. While us mere mortals can only imagine how nice it is to stay here, there is a wonderful food hall accessible to all located inside, as well as the lovely Sarabeth's Bakery.

Lexington Ave.
Home to Bloomingdale's, the store that many people I speak to can never seem to locate when in NYC haha. Well, I found it people, I found it.


The Metropolitan Museum of Art. There are no words to describe how incredible this place is. Love it!

Times Square.
I have a love/hate relationship with this place. I love it for how alive it is no matter the time of the day. But then I hate how loud it is when your staying right around the corner and trying to sleep.

So that is all for my photos for now. I keep getting asked what is my favourite place or thing to do in NYC. To be quite honest I couldn't narrow it down to just one thing. It is such an incredible city with so much to see and do, and quite frankly I love everything about the place. In terms of a favourite moment, well that I can easily answer. Being picked up in a limo from the airport and driving over the Brooklyn Bridge to see the Manhattan Skyline at night is definitely up there as an absolutely incredible experience. We may have even squealed with delight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment