Saturday, October 16, 2010

SIFF 2010

I love Octobers simply because it signifies the celebration of good food around Sydney. Unfortunately due to work and uni commitments I haven't had many chances to check out many of the offerings at this year's Sydney International Food Festival. One thing, however, that my sister and I knew we couldn't miss out on was trying one of the special brunch offers.

So today, battling the insane windy weather conditions we ventured out with the family to have brunch at Hyde Park Barracks Cafe. We did the SIFF Brunch here last year and based on that and the set menu that they were advertising it sounded promising.

The 3-course brunch began with a homemade granola, vanilla yoghurt and poached fruit. This was followed by Eggs 3-ways...


Being vegetarian I had the meat-free version. This included - eggs florentine, a mushroom and fetta omelette with ciabatta bread, and an egg and roast tomato tart.


The third and final dish was raspberry waffles with white chocolate sauce, vanilla gelato and berries.

Overall, the food pretty tasty but I can't say that I was overly impressed. It might have been the service that put me off a bit, as at times it was plain offensive (I won't elaborate too much, but I think 90% of the people dining there had been personally insulted by one particular waiter)...but with 3-courses for $25 I can't really complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment