Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sugar Free Challenge Update.

Thought I would update on my progress with the Sugar Free Challenge and inform you all of the sad fact that I only lasted one day. What can I say, I love sweets (in moderation, of course) but after a torturous day without sugar, I caved and grabbed the first bit of chocolate-y goodness I could get my hands on.

Everyone told me it was insane (and impossible for me) to give up sugar (cold turkey) for 30 days. I laughed at their lack of faith in me, and smugly told them otherwise. So, yes you were all right and now I must eat humble pie...in fact I'm going to eat a real pie, that has lots and lots of sugar in it!

While I may have failed the 30-Day Sugar Free Challenge I am still determined to adopt a healthier lifestyle (in accordance with to-do list item #2 - become more healthier). So today began my new daily exercise regime, and I'm proud to say so far so good! I started out small and cycled 3km. Needless, to say my out-of-shape legs feel like they're about to fall off. Not sure what I want to be able to achieve with the cycling, but I guess being able to cycle long distances (in a reasonable amount of time) and not have my legs feel like death afterwards might be a good goal to aim for...maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment