Sunday, October 10, 2010

10.10.10

It's been a crazy busy couple of days for me but for the most part it has been crazy in a good way. I spent the most part of my weekend at work but this led to me being introduced to one of the best dumpling places I've ever been too. It also reminded me of the age-old adage to not judge books by their covers. In this case I'm referring to the little dumpling place. Upon first glance it doesn't seem all that welcoming or enticing but appearances aside the food was authentic and absolutely delicious.

After work today I headed down to the Rock's Markets to check out the Australian Cheese Showcase 2010 with a couple of my lovely coworkers, after sampling (and purchasing) some delicious organic goat's milk cheese we wandered around the rest of the markets. This was followed up with a stop in at what is by far my favourite French patisserie in Sydney, La Renaissance. They do THE most divine cakes and their hot chocolates are pretty delicious too! Today my sweet of choice was the Fleur de Lys...

(Source - http://larenaissance.com.au/images/savouries/Zulu.jpg)

It's simply divine. It's a rich chocolate mousse made from Valrhona 70% chocolate, with a crunchy praline and biscuit base. Yum!

Other lovely things that have made my weekend a good one included my newly acquired book bag.


I have been going on about these bags for a while (previously mentioned here), and my lovely sister surprised me by buying me one...and in my favourite pattern too! (Thanks F!!)

In return for my sister's generous and most thoughtful gift of the coveted book bag, I stopped by kikki.K and bought her the 2011 Inspiration Diary that she has been eyeing for a while. In fact the diary is so neat and has some great inspirational quotes throughout, that I ended up going back and buying one for myself.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Please feel free to comment some more...I appreciate all and any feedback, and the musings of others :)

    ReplyDelete