Thursday, August 12, 2010

Book Bags.

I realise I've been blogging about books a lot lately. I'm putting it down to the effects of having worked in a bookstore almost every day the past few weeks...maybe?

Anyway, today I'm sharing my grand new discovery...book bags. Now, I'm not talking about backpacks or totes or messenger bags (which are often referred to as book bags) but in fact this wonderful book pouch of sorts is manufactured by The Dharma Door. They are a company that produce eco-friendly, fair trade products (meaning that the individuals making the products in Bangladesh are being paid fair wages and have good working conditions).

Now, I realise that this product has probably been around for a while, but I had never seen or heard about them until I was rummaging through stuff at work today, and I really, really want one. Approximately 5 minutes after I discovered them, they suddenly became a popular purchase and, alas, the one I had picked out to buy for myself was snapped up by a customer (ironically upon my recommendation *sigh*). To console myself I hit up the product website and found that my workplace is in fact ripping people off and there is a better (cheaper) variety available here.

The bags are made from a jute and natural cotton fabric, are hand-printed in various pretty designs with dyes that are azo-free (following in the eco friendly tradition, of course). The small one is about $25 and the large $29. At first I thought this to be pricey, though upon reflection I love my books too much and this would be the perfect way for me to ensure they are protected and don't get massacred by my other belonging in my bag.

My favourite design is this one, named Marrakesh Ruby:

No comments:

Post a Comment