Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The 30 Day Sugar Free Challenge.

Okay so the family's naturopath has challenged all the subscribers to her newsletter to participate in the 30 Day Sugar Free Challenge. After reading about the challenge I've decided it is the perfect way to tackle my to-do list item #2 - become more healthier.

It seems there are many benefits of eliminating sugar from your diet. The ones that I'm hoping to achieve are - feeling more energetic, improving my concentration, becoming less irritable, reducing my seemingly constant headaches, reducing anxiety, improving my immune system and achieving a better skin complexion. There are heaps of other benefits which are equally important, but the ones I've listed are the ones I think would provide an major improvement in my life at the moment.

The Challenge

For 30 Days (any 30 day period before the 15th of November) I will be:

- Avoiding ALL added sugar (i.e. putting sugar in breakfast cereals, tea and coffee)
- Avoiding ALL obvious sugar (i.e. jams, biscuits, cakes and chocolates)
- Avoiding dried fruit and grapes.

Basically, the challenge means going 'cold turkey' with absolutely no sugar whatsoever - including artificial sweeteners as they apparently just aid cravings for sugar. In order to ensure my blood sugar levels stay steady I will have to ensure I consume protein with every meal. This apparently will also help to reduce cravings.

Now I will not be starting the challenge immediately as the family is going out for a rather extravagant celebratory dinner tomorrow evening. So, I may begin on or after the weekend. Either way I will report my progress here.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment