Wednesday, September 15, 2010

To-Do List

I haven't had much time to blog this week, with my days having been consumed by researching colour trade marks (fascinating I know). Like most people I've found myself wanting to escape from the mid-semester assessment period - so, short of tearing all the hair off my head in frustration, I've begun thinking and planning about things I'd like to do/change in my life. As a result I've come up with a list, it's not very big but by putting it in writing and sharing it with you all there's a faint chance that I may actually complete it.

A's To Do List:

1. Plan a holiday.

I've decided that I want to get away from the craziness that can be my life and commit to planning one holiday a year. Since I've already been on an adventure to the US earlier this year, this is more a goal for 2011.

2. Become more healthier.

Between the tonne of uni work I am faced with and the odd hours of work I've noticed that I've developed some really bad and unhealthy habits over the past couple of years. I have a tendency to gravitate towards junk food in order to cope with stress, and often skip meals because my work hours often coincide with meal times. As a result I've decided that I'm going to start to exercise more often than I currently do, and resume eating healthily.

As I work towards making over my lifestyle I'll be posting any new, great healthy food finds I stumble across.

3. Make an entire three-course meal from each copy of Bon Appetit Magazine I have acquired over the past couple of years.

Okay so this may be a slight contradiction to the previous item on my to-do list but as a lover of good, delicious food I was thinking it might be fun to set myself a goal and make the most of my subscription to my favourite food magazine. Over the years I have grabbed my Bon Appetit magazines the minute they arrive on my doorstep, and obsessively pored over and marked up all the recipes that I'd love to try. Of course laziness and time constraints often get the better of me. So by making a meal for my family (maybe once a week or fortnight or month - I'm still undecided) maybe, just maybe, I'll finally get around to trying out all the recipes I've salivated over.

No comments:

Post a Comment