Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Week That Was.

Ever had one of those weeks where everything that could go wrong did go wrong? Well, that was my week. Between the stress of uni assignments, the exhaustion that was work and everything else I am so happy to have made it through the week!

My week began with the case of the missing books. I had been waiting over a month for the third parcel containing the rest of my recent online book purchases to arrive. This involved dealing with customer service for both the online bookstore (who ended up being incredibly friendly and helpful) and Australia Post (who were horrible and rude!). The good news is that they miraculously turned up on Friday. Yay!!


I cannot wait to get reading these. Actually their arrival on Friday was slightly ill-timed since I will not be able to read them until the next fortnight filled with essays and other assessments has passed. In the meantime they sit there taunting me.

The other rather major part of my week was returning to work after a bit of a hiatus the past couple of months. I think it's going to take me a while to get back into the swing of things. The exciting part of being back at work is seeing Jersey Boys. This is a fabulous production which I am absolutely loving (for now anyway, after a year of watching it I may not be so enthusiastic). Although it is based on the 60s (an era which I am personally intrigued by) - namely Frank Valli and The Four Seasons - I think it is something that transcends generational divides and anyone could enjoy watching, plus I'm 99.9% sure that EVERYONE has heard at least some of their songs at some point in their life. My sister F saw it on Thursday and enjoyed it, so I'm not alone in saying that it's a pretty good production. So get out there and see it people, I recommend it!

In following with the 60s theme of the show we got new uniforms...


This 60s-style bowling shirt looks innocent enough, but don't let appearances fool you people. I kid you not when I say that it almost killed me from discomfort yesterday. Turns out it's made from 100% polyester, which I am allergic to. So guess who now has a lovely rash on their back and shoulders. Yep, that'd be me.

Well, I'm off to spend some time with my dad with it being Father's Day and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment