Thursday, September 9, 2010

Preparing for a feast.

Tomorrow we have various guests coming over at various times during the day. In preparation for this my mother has found it necessary to cook up a feast. This, however, means that I get given instructions and have no choice but to assist and partake in all the craziness. As a result I have spent the day running errands and baking.

My sister, being the flower enthusiast that she is decided to cheer us up during our stressful morning of running errands by buying a bunch of beautiful ruby-red Gerberas. She also thought it would look lovely as a centre piece for the table tomorrow.


My sister and I were instructed that at least two cakes were to be made. So my cake of choice is the 'Over the Top' Chocolate Cake from the Buttercup Bake Shop Cookbook by Jennifer Appel. It is a super chocolate-y, rich and indulgent cake.


The batter was so smooth and creamy (always a good sign!)


Being lazy and faced with time constraints I decided to turn this usually three-layer cake into a single layer (but a enormously large layer at that!). It's currently cooling in its tin waiting for me to get muster up some motivation and inspiration to make some frosting and ice it.


My sister made a Carrot Cake (similar to the one here, but it's two-layers as per the original recipe). It too is currently waiting patiently for me to make some Cream Cheese Frosting. She also made a Key Lime Pie, which smells and looks so good right now. Cannot wait to dig in to that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment