Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Another Birthday, Another Cake

Today is my mother's birthday. Amidst all the chaos that was my first day of classes back at Uni, I came home early to run some errands and then bake a cake for my mum. I decided on a Carrot Cake as, a) that is my mum's favourite cake flavour and b) this particular recipe has proven to be a success in the past.

Part of me wasn't looking forward to baking despite it being one of my favourite pastimes, as I am incredibly tired from this bookstore gig. However, my close friend S stopped by to catch up and helped me out with the cake. We pulled it out of the oven to cool a little while ago and it looks pretty great (even if I do say so myself). I was undecided on whether I could be bothered to ice the cake, but since it's a special occasion I think I will...plus S said I should, so who am I to argue :P

The recipe itself is from my favourite food magazine Bon Appetit. I have been a subscriber to this wonderful American magazine for over 2 years now but have been hunting down and using their recipes for years.

The version I made today is half the quantity and only one-layer. Also, I substituted the pecans for walnuts, and left out the cinnamon because of my sister's allergies. It looks like this (it's currently cooling down in the tin):


No comments:

Post a Comment