Friday, August 6, 2010

Update.

This is a brief post about a few random unrelated things.

First up, I finished reading Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen (previously mentioned here) and I have to say it is one of the best books I have ever fished out of the discount bin. It was a clever, beautifully written story. Worth way more than the mere $5 I paid for it. So my dear friends if you ever see it lying amongst your local bookstore's discount books I recommend you buy it ASAP and give it a read!

Second, I was excited to read that Pretty Little Liars (also previously mentioned here) made it to no.1 on the NY Times Bestsellers List this week.

Finally, I've been listening to a song by Kina Grannis that I came across during one of my breaks at work this week. It's a quirky little song called Message From Your Heart that just got stuck in my head and is refusing to leave me alone, so I thought I'd post about it. It's written from the perspective of a heart. The song was an entry in a competition that saw the winning video (aka Kina's video) "Crash the Super Bowl" and as such was played in the middle of the 2008 Super Bowl grand final. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment