Monday, August 9, 2010

Bagels Galore.

So it is no secret that bagels are my favourite kind of bread. The best bagel I have ever eaten is undoubtedly the 99 cent bagel from Danny's deli in NYC. It was a simple (super cheap) bagel slathered in an unhealthy amount of butter, I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Ever since that wonderful bagel I have been searching for delicious bagels around Sydney, and although they will never be quite the same as those in one of the bagel capitals of the world (NYC), I think I have found a pretty good substitute. Even better it is a mere 2 minute walk across the road from my uni and current workplace.

For a couple of years now I've walked past the great bagel and coffee company looking at the people crowded inside and wondering "could it really be that good to always have crowds?", but I never did stop to try it. Last week my craving for bagels was pretty extreme, so I finally gave in and stopped by. This led to the grand discovery that they make pretty tasty bagels and that their menu also contains delicious curly fries and double shakes.

As a result I've been stopping by almost every day after work (unhealthy I know, but who can resist!) trying out the different bagel options always with a side of curly fries. My favourite combination so far has to be the classic bagel with cream cheese:


Whatever the bagel, it is a MUST to order a side of curly fries with moroccan salt (they offer plain and chicken salts as well, but having sampled them all moroccan is by far the tastiest).

No comments:

Post a Comment