Sunday, August 22, 2010

Another Find in the Great Closet Excavation!

So, F pretty much almost threw out this blazer that also once belonged to our mum.


I just rescued it from the 'to donate' pile. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen similar blazers in Op Shops around Sydney, and feel sad that I almost lost this.

I showed my mum the jacket and got the history of it out of her. It was purchased in the 80s (no surprises there) from David Jones. It was incredibly expensive at the time and of very good quality. A fact that I can vouch for as the stitching and fabric is still perfect today, though this could be because my mum was of the opinion that things should only be worn once or twice before a new wardrobe was needed. Ironic since she now tells me that I spend too much on clothes, ha! What I also find interesting is that the jacket is a size 12, and shows just how much sizing has changed over the years. I am nowhere near a size 12 today, yet it just barely fits me.

No comments:

Post a Comment