Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kids' Books

It's a widely known fact that I love books, as I have a tendency to mention it to everyone and anyone that will listen. I do not discriminate...Well, that's not entirely true I discriminate against books that can't keep my interest past that chapter (aka boring and poorly written books), but doesn't everyone?

However, since waving goodbye to my teen years I began wondering how old is too old to be reading young adult fiction - as this is the genre that many of my current favourites fall into. Unsure, I've often found myself keeping quiet about my love for young adult fiction worried that perhaps I was supposed to have outgrown the genre by now.

You can only imagine how happy I was to come across an article by Pamela Paul in the New York Times (which can be found here). It is a wonderful article that reassured me that I am not alone, and that there are many adults (of all ages) who enjoy reading those books that are targeted towards children and 'young adults'. So next time I feel embarrassed and am tempted to hide my young adult fiction books deep at the bottom of my bag, I'll instead carry them around and read them proudly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment