Friday, August 20, 2010

Search for the "Perfect" Bag

Okay, so one last rumination before I call it a day.

My shoulder has been in absolute agony for the past few weeks. The pain can only be attributed to those incredibly large, heavy and evil law textbooks that require carting around campus. It got me thinking, this is my 4th year of university and I am yet to find the perfect bag that holds these insanely big books, along with a notebook and other necessities like food, wallet, phone, keys etc.

I have gone through many bags. I've tried out a backpack (one from my high school days) but it wasn't the right size AND had very little back support leading to a super sore back. In all honesty I should have known better than using a backpack from my high school days, since back then I used to choose bags based on their appearance. Similarly, I've tried a multitude of large totes and duffel bags, even at times carrying an additional enviro bag purely for textbook toting purposes, and looking somewhat like a pack horse in the process.

I'm not sure what qualifies as the "perfect" bag, but I'm thinking one that holds my ridiculous amount of stuff and doesn't break under the weight a law textbook is a good start. I'm also thinking that it might be in the form of a backpack - especially since my poor right shoulder (which tends to be my bag carrying shoulder) would probably like to share the weight and pain with my other shoulder.

And so begins the search for the "perfect" uni bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment