Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Last Weekend of Freedom...

...well for a long while anyway. This week signals 'back to work' for me, which means that this weekend was essentially my last weekend to do relaxing, fun things for myself - as I mainly work weekends at my theatre job.

Sadly, my weekend was not filled with much fun but was instead consumed with university assessments with a side of stress *sigh*. Despite the boringness there are a few lovely things that have cheered me up through this rather glum time.


This is lovely thing #1 - a wonderful beauty powder that is scented like peonies and has the fluffiest little powder puff ever! I've always wanted a powder like this, I've always thought they were so classic and feminine. Growing up I always used to sneak into my parent's room and head to my mother's dresser to play with her makeup, but especially with her tin of beauty powder. Though I think this one is infinitely better, and based on the scent I think peonies might even be my new favourite flower.


Lovely thing #2 that cheered me up was this necklace that I found during a brief study break/trip to the shops. I always tell myself that I don't need any more dress jewellery but then I always see something and cave, as I did with this. For months I've been slowly piecing together all the elements for the outfit that I will be wearing to my sister's graduation ceremony in September. In April, for instance, I ordered the most perfect dress from my favourite US department store, then in June I ordered a pair of heels from the same department store. All that was left was accessorising the outfit, and I think this necklace is going to go perfectly with the dress.

Last but not least, lovely thing #3 was this dress that arrived on Friday (not technically the weekend but whatever), it's the product of my latest online shopping adventure.



I personally don't think that the picture does the dress justice, I'll be the first to admit that I almost didn't buy it because of the picture. The dress is a Mexicali (Mexican-inspired) dress, with some wonderful embroidery on the sleeve. It is made from super light cotton that will no doubt make it perfect in the sweltering heat of summer. Now I just have to wait for the weather to warm up...

No comments:

Post a Comment