Sunday, August 1, 2010

Holidays.

Today marks the last day of my uni holidays and it has me wondering where exactly time went. The holidays seem to have flown right by and I feel like I need another break just to recover. These past few days have been particularly exhausting, with so much going on at the bookstore (we've been in preparation for the start of semester 'rush'), as well as on the home front with the installation of our new oven, which ended in the partial demolition of one of our walls.

The highlight of the weekend has been my rediscovery of my love for pretzels. I had the most delicious Swiss Cheese Pretzel yesterday as an after-work treat. As a result, I embarked on yet another online shopping spree for books, one of which is a Pretzel cookbook. Cannot wait to get it!

Another highlight, though not quite up there with the pretzels was watching Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, which was surprisingly a fantastic movie. I didn't know what to expect but it was so interesting that it managed to snap me out of my fatigued state - in fact I like it so much, that I've decided to read the books and ordered the box set of the Percy Jackson series as part of my online shopping spree. I definitely recommend it as a movie to watch.

Well, I expect I'm going to be M.I.A for much of the next week, lost somewhere between classes and 8 hour shifts at the bookstore. So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment