Sunday, July 25, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

Today hosted the perfect weather for relaxing in front of the television watching movies, so that is exactly what I did. My movie of choice was Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

This re-imagination of Lewis Caroll's classic tale is fantastical, and like all of Burton's work is wonderfully unique. Tim Burton is a master of his art, and I truly appreciated the film that little bit more having gained some further insight into Burton's world (and mind) from my visit to the Tim Burton Exhibition during my recent trip to Melbourne.


This Exhibition, put together by The Museum of Modern Art in New York, is a must-see! It brings together a collection of drawings, photographs, paintings, costumes and films that highlight Burton's inspiring career - from his work inspired by his childhood growing up in Burbank, California to his most recent work of Alice in Wonderland.

My top 4 favourite Burton films (since I can't decide on just one absolute favourite) would have to be Batman Returns, Sleepy Hollow, Sweeney Todd and Alice in Wonderland.

I cannot wait to see what Burton has in store for us next. I'm most looking forward his take on the classic tale of Sleeping Beauty, which will centre around the story of Maleficent the "Mistress of All Evil".

No comments:

Post a Comment