Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Cake.

Okay so here it is, my version of Magnolia Bakery's popular three-layer Red Velvet cake. It tastes delicious (even if I do say so myself :P) and my dad was suitably surprised :) He didn't expect a cake this year with my injured hand and all, so it definitely made all the time and effort worth it.




I must say it's definitely not an everyday cake. It has so much sugar and butter that I can still feel my arteries reeling in shock.

The frosting is by far my favourite part of the cake (aside from the beautiful red colour). It's a butter roux frosting, where you cook flour in milk and then add it to an incredibly large amount of butter. Was a bit hesitant to try it as I always go with a standard butter cream icing but I will definitely be icing more of my cakes with this. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment