Monday, July 19, 2010

The Beginning of the End

The celebrating continued on Sunday, with a high tea at Crossroads Bar @ The Swissotel. Unfortunately the day started off on a bad note, and what was supposed to be a fun day out with my sister and a friend only proceeded to get worse.

Our beloved high tea has changed drastically with the service and quality here dropping considerably. It seems that they have attempted to squash more people into the bar, increase the prices and serve rather sub-standard food. Since I absolutely love all things sweet and have expectations of a certain level of deliciousness, I was not happy.

(A pic from the good old days. These delicious treats were nowhere to be found)

To make it even worse, yesterday marked the beginning of the end of my friendship with this particular friend. It was bittersweet. I've known it was a long time coming, I guess yesterday was the final straw.

The 2 hours were so uncomfortable. This person has made me so miserable over the years and despite my attempts to pretend like it's not that bad, sadly, things will never change. So like the other people that have slowly disappeared out of my life, it would seem another one bites the dust :(

No comments:

Post a Comment