Tuesday, July 20, 2010

From Vampires to Fallen Angels, and everything in between...

Like many people out there I enjoy reading a good book. I'm not usually picky about the genre but with the rise of the Twilight series in recent years I must admit that I've become a sceptic where Twilight-esque books are concerned. These books almost always follow a particular formula with a dangerous, "bad boy" vampire/werewolf/fallen angel and a naive female lead who is somehow inextricably linked to this dangerous (sometimes strange) paranormal world...and of course it wouldn't be a story without the girl falling head-over-heels in "love" with the "bad boy".

My good friend S agrees with me when it comes to Twilight, about how it has spawned a crazy culture - encouraging an almost laughable idea of what "love" is amongst the teenage target audience - but she is willing to give other books in the genre a try. Having weeded out the inherently weak stories from the few good ones, S has been telling me for months that I should give them a read. I trust S so, thanks to her recommendations (and incredible library of books) I am giving the genre a go.

First up on my to-read list: Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment