Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Disney Adventures Part III



Magic Kingdom is home to the iconic Disney castle (well one of the castles as they feature at every Disney theme park, but this is by far my favourite). This theme park is where everyone's inner child comes out to play. It's all about the fairy tales and princes/princesses.

The catchphrase at Disney World is "Celebrate Today" at that's exactly what you feel like doing in this particular park. It's hard not to get caught up in all the excitement. The parade and fireworks are the main attraction and here are just a few (well, my favourites) of the characters that we got to "celebrate" the day with.







The costumes and floats were amazing with all their detail (but that's Disney for you, they never do anything by halves!). Though I must admit that during the parade I was distracted...the ever critical me was thinking about how creepy it is to "meet" the Disney characters - ultimately it's just a person inside a costume hugging random people, and for me that was just a tad unsettling.


On our final day at Disney we went on safari and, in all honesty, I love Disney's version of Africa so much so that I can't see myself wanting to go to Africa. It was incredible and once again proved that Disney World isn't just for children and full of rides, there is so much to see, do and experience. I think I'll sum up the safari experience through some of the amazing pics we were able to take (the animals were so close!)


(I am not kidding when I say this rhino nearly charged out safari van because of the camera's flash)



That brings me to the end of the tale about my Disney adventures, so I thought I'd finish with a final pic and a fun fact.


This is the 'Tree of Life'. It is the crowning jewel of the Animal Kingdom theme park and, of course, like much of Disney World is man-made. But strangely enough the interior structure is actually a modified oil rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment