Monday, July 19, 2010

Ladies who Lunch.

Amongst all the misery of yesterday, it's easy to forget all the great things in my life, and the wonderful people in my life.

So this post is dedicated to my wonderful friends. They remind me that for every negative person there are several great individuals in this world.

During the course of celebrating my birthday this week, I was taken out to lunch by my lovely friends. Making for one of the most fun Fridays I've had in a very long time. We ventured away from our usual haunt, the Max Brenner cafe, and tried a new place called Sahara Restuarant. The food here was surprisingly good, the portions from the "light lunch" menu were decently sized (nice and hearty). It was great catching up with the girls :) Though I did miss our friend B, who is currently in Italy.

Upon returning home from the fabulous lunch, I went to visit my cousin R who has finally returned home after a long stint in hospital. I took some cake to cheer her up as, let's face it, who doesn't smile at the thought of a slice of delicious cake. Plus, we're currently drowning in left over birthday cake at my house. Apparently during her time at the hospital (or "asylum" as she has aptly named it) she snuck out to go shopping, and after conspiring with my sister bought me this beautiful necklace for my birthday.


Despite the negativity that was yesterday, I must say I have been absolutely spoilt this past week. So a big thank you to my family and friends, I'm so lucky to have you all in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment