Friday, July 23, 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Let's start with the good...



This is my new Longchamp handbag from the Le Pliage range. I acquired it yesterday, and I'm absolutely in love with it! While this bag has never been at the top of my must-have list, I have on occasion admired their practicality. It is made from nylon and leather, and folds out making it both cute AND compact.



It can be used as a handbag, a shopping bag, a travel tote...or in my case a bag to cart around my seemingly infinite number of books at University.

Now there is a story behind my bag. It all began with a gift of leather gloves that I was given for my birthday. Now I really do appreciate the generosity of the gift-giver but in all practicality the gloves would never have been worn (and while I love luxury items, in this case the fact that they were $145 gloves kind of alarmed me...plus they didn't fit) so I exchanged them for this fabulous bag. While I do feel a twinge of guilt about doing so, I do not regret it one bit.

Now to the bad...

Today has been a rather miserable day. I spent the majority of it returning to my second job, working at a bookstore. To sum it up my legs, feet and back ache more than they ever have (okay, well maybe not ever but the most they have in a very long time). I had forgotten how painful carting textbooks (and I'm talking 500+ page business and law textbooks) around the shop could be. While I love books I DO NOT love textbooks. It definitely makes me appreciate my theatre job.

And now the ugly...

For the past hour I've been recovering from the disgust and shock I experienced watching Jamie's Food Revolution - USA. In this series the lovely Jamie Oliver is attempting to make Americans see the error of their ways in consuming copious amounts of processed, fatty foods. The amount of fat the parents are putting into not only their own bodies, but that of their children was truly sickening. To make it worse they accept and think it's fine.

The saddest part of all was that the young children are oblivious to all things vegetables. They didn't know that their beloved fries were from potatoes, or how to use a fork and knife!!

I was sitting in front of the television gripping the remote in disbelief. It sure makes me appreciate the healthy lifestyle and values instilled in me by my parents from a young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment